CPS Energy has been forced to postpone the upcoming LiveGreenFest at Olmos Basin Park due to last weekend’s heavy rains and flooding as well as more rain in the forecast this week.
CPS Energy regrets having to postpone the event and will look for a future date to continue the tradition of offering a showcase of energy efficiency and conservation opportunities to help customers save energy and money.
The event had been planned for this coming Saturday, Oct. 10, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Details of a rescheduled event will be distributed when they become available.
Original Post from CPS:
Do you consider yourself environmentally conscious? Maybe you ride the bus to save money and reduce air pollution. Maybe you're committed to recycling. Or, perhaps, you’re one of CPS Energy’s Windtricity® customers who believe renewable energies are a viable option to fossil fuels. If so, you’re making a difference. But what else can you do to achieve that full-fledged green status?
It's likely that you'll find some answers on Saturday, October 10, at CPS Energy’s LiveGreenFest in Olmos Basin Park, one of our community’s most centrally-located green spaces and a great environment for learning how to live green. You and thousands of your neighbors are invited to our annual day in the park to become part of the local green scene. At this year's LiveGreenFest, you can:
* Speak with dozens of businesses and organizations eager to offer tips on green building, energy efficiency, water conservation, recycling, commuting solutions, alternative energy ideas and earth-friendly products.
* Pick up a free tree from CPS Energy (available on a first-come, first-serve basis)
* Get a free emissions test for your vehicle from AACOG.
* Bring your kids by the San Antonio Library's Scholastic School Bus that will be loaded with environmental information suited for them.
* Take advantage of a variety of green activities and crafts for the kids.
* Drop off used clothing and household goods to be recycled through Goodwill.
The event is free, so make it a full day in the park and also enjoy live music, food and drink.
Parking is available near the park (see map), or try Alamo Stadium and take a free shuttle bus to the event.