The latest electric vehicles, chargers and other EV related items will be on display from 4 to 8 pm on Thursday and 9 am to 2 pm on Friday at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio.
Registration for the conference, October 22, 2010 from 8:30 to 4:30 is only $25.
Here is the full press release:
Advancing Transportation Choices and Economic Development
On October 21-22, 2010, the Alamo Area Council of Governments Clean Cities Coalition, in partnership with the City of San Antonio and Bexar County, will conduct the first ever Advancing the Choice event on electrified transportation. The title of this year’s event is: Electrification of Transportation: Advancing Transportation Choices and Economic Development.
This event is being held to continue the steps towards building a region-wide alternative fuel infrastructure. By developing alternative fuel infrastructure we will create greater Texas energy security, job creation, and improvements in air quality. To maintain the momentum from previous years, this conference will educate local governments, utilities, businesses, the media, and the general public on the benefits of electrified transportation. With fuel prices back on the rise it is important that we demonstrate the potential cost savings of these new technologies to vehicle fleets and general public in the Alamo Area.
The event will provide attendees with a comprehensive overview of the following topics:
* Economic, environmental and energy security drivers shifting the market’s move to electrified transportation
* Which fleets are best candidates for successful electrified transportation programs
* Information on rebates, tax credits, and grant programs for electric vehicles
* Expected growth in electrification of transportation and related economic development opportunities
* Overview of electric vehicles and electric vehicle supply equipment
* Overview of electrified transit, bikes, personal vehicles, and fleet vehicles
* Large exhibit hall to view the newest electric vehicles on the market!
* Electrification of transportation update throughout the Texas cities
Record-high gas and diesel prices are compelling businesses and organizations to explore how to rein in fuel costs. Besides saving green, many companies are also interested in driving green. Alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) fill the bill on both counts. Utilizing electric transportation promotes energy security by reducing our nation’s dependence on foreign oil. Electric vehicles are domestically abundant and are becoming commercially available at a growing number of areas throughout the country.
Electrification of Transportation is a two-day, interactive event that provides a comprehensive overview on the economic, environmental and energy security rationale for using electrified transportation. Available vehicles, funding opportunities, success stories and fuel station development will also be addressed. The event includes lunch and light refreshments, written materials and a large exhibit hall full of electric vehicles. The event is located in downtown San Antonio on the beautiful River Walk at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.