Paprika Cauliflower Pita Pockets
- 1 head cauliflower (2 lb.), cut into bite-size florets
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 small red onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 4 rounds, halved and warmed
- Steam cauliflower 7 to 9 minutes, or until tender.
- , paprika, pepper, and salt in nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, 2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes more. Stir in broth and cauliflower, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice. Serve with pita halves.
Per SERVING: Calories: 318, Protein: 9g, Total fat: 11.5g,: 1.5g, Carbs: 46g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 663mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 6g
Found: Vegetarian Times- September 2007