Saturday, September 15, 2012

Meatless Monday Recipe-Green Chile Stew

Green Chile Stew
Vegan; 45 minutes or longer

Bruce and I served this over baked butternut squash. We had gone out shopping earlier in the day and bought some fresh fire roasted green chilies. Since most of my ingredients were already sliced, this is a super great recipe for left overs.

5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
1/4 diced onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 diced potato (I used half a sweet potato and 1/2 a blue potato-left overs from a prior dish)
1 can no-salt diced tomatoes (I used a can that had green chilies)
1 can no-salt pinto beans, rinsed
8-10 fresh chilies or 2 cans green chile
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 Tablespoon thyme (I added a little of rubbed sage to the thyme)
2 cups cooked quinoa (I spiced mine with cumin and curry-left over from a prior dish)
1/2 zucchini, sliced (also left over from a prior dish)

1. Sauté 1 cup of veggie broth, onion and garlic for about 10 minutes.

2. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 45 minutes to an hour (depending on how big/thick you cut your potatoes) until potatoes are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment