Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Meatless Monday Recipe-Apple Yellow Squash Sandwiches

Apple Yellow Squash Sandwiches
Vegan; Serves 2

So humor me here, I promise this is really good. Bruce came home for lunch to my surprise, and was famished. Currently I'm between temp assignments, so even if he does make it home, I'm at work. Well, since I was getting myself cleaned up from unpacking and cleaning-just getting back from San Antonio there is a lot to do. Having this on hand, and making some fresh hummus (the last batch was eaten on the way to San Antonio), this turns into a quick gourmet sandwich.

1/2 yellow squash, sliced
1 Fuji apple, sliced thin
Vegan pepper jack cheese slices
spinach or any green
hummus
4 slices rosemary sourdough bread, lightly toasted

1. Heat apple slices and squash slices in a skillet, just until heated through and fragrant. Spread hummus on the slices of bread, add spinach (if using), pepper jack cheese, apples and squash. Slice in half and serve with fruit or chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment